I don't do yoga because I'm not flexible enough



Obviously everyone who does yoga could do what's in this picture, right?  Not quite…One of the biggest misconceptions about yoga is that you have to be flexible in order to survive a class.  So many people have told me, “I don’t do yoga because I’m not flexible enough”.  That reason is exactly why they should be doing yoga!

Yoga isn’t about creating human pretzels and showing off at parties (though that can be a fun little by-product).  It’s about listening to what our bodies need and creating a consistent practice to cater to that.  Each class focuses time and energy in poses to lengthen the muscles of the body, and over time, create more flexibility.  Many yoga poses incorporate the work of all parts the body at one time, helping to create a balanced strength within our build.  When we practice yoga regularly we may encounter a better balance and posture as well as flexibility! 

Comments

Popular Posts