Set an Intention



Sometimes in the beginning of a class I will provide an opportunity for everyone to set an intention for their class.  I can remember when I first began coming to yoga classes feeling such pressure to come up with something to use as my “intention” that I could hardly get the wording right before the teacher had moved on!   Over time I learned to keep in mind that setting an intention can be anything we want it to be.  We can dedicate a class to our mother, neighbor or dog.  We can set the intention to not judge ourselves or say the mean and critical thoughts that run through our minds when we fall out of a balance.  An intention can be as simple as “breathe”.  An intention can be as vast as practicing for world peace.  The only guideline I want to put on an intention is to let it be yours.  Let it be something you can think back to throughout your practice to provide you with the umph, calm or support you need to be in the moment. 

Comments

Popular Posts