You get what you need


I waited until after this latest chakra workshop to write my next blog post.  I wanted to make sure I had all the latest tid bits I could collect before I took my chakra blogging any further.  But as it turns out, we make plans and then life does what it wants to! (surprise surprise)
I showed up to the workshop with notebook and pen in hand, snacks in my purse for the mid-lecture break and even my glasses in case there was a handout to read.  Nevermind that the workshop description had mentioned none of these items as necessary, I was being prepared.
I rolled out my mat, set my goodies to the side and was ready for what I had assumed would be a warm up practice before some theory.  The teacher introduced herself and right away we were into asana.  It sped up quickly and in no time I was building up a sweat.  We flowed from one pose to the next,  making our way through the different parts of the body and the corresponding chakras... every once in a while I would glance at the clock, wondering when we would sit and contemplate this concept of chakras.  But it turned out, two hours and thirty minutes later there was no theory, no discussion, all flow.  Whew!
As disappointed as I may have been to not get to my snacks until after the workshop I was surprised to discover how much my body wanted and needed the movement and flow.  I showed up expecting to see two batmans but it turned out to be wolverine! The lesson I learned instead of the inner workings of each chakra was that sometimes, even when unexpected, you get what you need, and it's best to open yourself up to it!

Comments

Popular Posts